Lou Lou & Oscar is the working name of me, Lisa Aaron, a self-taught designer and maker of things. I live and work in Edinburgh and have exhibited my work internationally. After completing studies in english literature & modern continental philosophy I worked as a Librarian in London for many years. Since 2009 I have focused on designing & making creatures & contemporary wall hangings. My work is often inspired by the written word, by fragments of text & half-remembered lines of poetry. An interest in cryptozoology, hybrid identity & natural history feeds into many of the creatures I create, I can frequently be observed staring out to sea hoping to catch a glimpse of the giant squid!
Where to Find Me
- Lou Lou & Oscar Shop
- Hannah Zakari, 43 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh, EH1 2QB.
- Schmancy Toys, Plush Exclusive, 1932 Second Avenue, Seattle, United States. *Sold Out*
Gallery Shows & Exhibitions
- Plush You, Munky King, 7308 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles, California 90046, United States from 26/08/10 – 19/09/10
- Lost at Sea, Gallery Hanahou, 611 Broadway, Suite 730, New York, NY 10012 from 06/05/10 – 11/06/10
- Fifty Two, room 212, Gloucester Road,Bristol, UK from March 31st- April 3rd 2010
- In Stitches, Renegade Handmade, Chicago, United States from 21st November 2009-24th January 2010
- Plush You, Schmancy, Seattle, United States from October-November 2009
- Stitch Wars, Bear & Bird, Florida, United States from 18th July-29th August 2009